Electrostatic headphones require the best ‘energizers’ to charge them which is the secret of their performance. The Pro iESL energizes your electrostatics. And then some.
Experience audio like never before.
Feel the energy.
Electrostatic headphones are the top of the range Porsches of the audio world, and the Pro iESL is the engine that drives them.
Unlike traditional amplifiers, the Pro iESL delivers the extra-high-tension voltage needed to energize the electrostatic plates in the headphones that produce ultimate musical nirvana.
Coupled with the Pro iCAN, the Pro iESL lowers distortion, enhances and separates vocals, orchestras and instruments, opens the bass and leaves you with a wide, structured soundstage.
The ride of your life.
Paired with your beloved electrostatics, the Pro iESL amplifier takes you on a trip to audio heaven.
Unusually, flagship dynamic headphones can also be used with the iESL as the special transformer-coupled stage takes them to the max.
The tech spec.
The Pro iESL includes a:
Pinstripe Permalloy Core Transformer – To lower distortion,
Bias Voltage Generator – To charge electrostatics to the max before cutting them off to run on battery, not the mains so no electronic noise bleeds into the headset
The Pro iESL cuts out background noise and distortion. For ‘air’ and ‘smoothness’ to each note that takes listening enjoyment to the max.
- Drive your electrostatics with one of the best energizers in the business. Compatible with all the great electrostatic headphone brands - including Orpheus and Koss.
- The 'Perfectly Matched' headphone experience.
- Both classic and cutting edge technology in 3 quality components delivers a perfectly matched listening experience - one-off Pinstripe Permalloy Core Transformer, a Bias Voltage Generator and the Capacitive Battery Power Supply.
- Making a transformer with the wide bandwidth and low distortion needed in the iESL is very challenging. To attain this, the custom transformers use complicated hand-wound, multi-section windings with both vertical and horizontal sectioning.
- They exceed the standards set by Siemens (Germany) and Peerless (USA). With a bandwidth of < 5Hz to > 60kHz (-3dB), transformers in the iESL far exceed the requirements of even the JAS High-Res Logo.
- 'The Capacitive Battery Power Supply: The battery is charged up to the required voltage and then the charger circuit is turned off completely, leaving the capacitor bank to ‘float’ at the required bias voltage.
- An essentially perfect bias voltage source with no electronic noise whatsoever at any frequency as the headphones are in essence, powered by the battery bank and not the mains!
- These 1,000Volt rated capacitors are from Germany. The key is the very high insulation resistance and minimal current leakage, as any such leakage causes self-discharge.
- The whole capacitor pack has around 35,000,000 kilo Ohm insulation resistance, which means that self-discharge time (to 30%) is around 100,000 seconds or 27 hours. So one is always listening on battery (not mains) power.
- Vishay MELF resistors - complex, costly BUT superior. These resistors provide optimal power rating and pulse load capability. Nothing else comes close.
- Good news for your flagship dynamic headphones: The iESL has an ear-tingling transformer coupled-stage that is not found in other energizers. And its audio performance is unsurpassed. So each and every flagship dynamic headphone when used through the iESL enjoys a whole new level of smoothness and airiness.