Every project begins somewhere. When Boulder’s engineers began work on the 508 Phono Preamplifier, they began with inspiration from the absolute pinnacle of vinyl playback: the 2008 Phono Preamplifier, easily the most celebrated phono stage of all time.
But that’s where the similarities end. Where the 2008 was pure excess, the 508 is pure efficiency. As the smallest Boulder in more than two decades, the 508 packs an enormous amount of performance in a single, small chassis. A chassis that is carved from a single block of metal, no less. All of the proper inputs, outputs, and adjustments are here. As is the one constant from every Boulder product since Day One: a stunning level of performance.
- Simple selection of MC or MM modes via switch on the rear panel
- Elegant casework carved from a solid block of aluminum
- Balanced inputs mean the perfect interface with the balanced output of phono cartridges
- Integrated low-cut filter removes excessive low frequency information from warped or damaged records
- Balanced outputs to minimize distortion and drive long cable runs with no loss of fidelity
- Precision built and compact main PCB, produced on Boulder's own surface-mount circuit board manufacturing machinery